The purpose of this document is to provide an overview of the Country Universities Centre Far West’s Terms
1. “CUC Far West” means the Country Universities Centre Far West, operated by Far West UC Limited for the purpose of providing CUC Far West Resources to allow users to complete studies at a university or other education provider.
2. “CUC Far West Resources” means:
• the CUC Far West building, which contains a kitchen, bathrooms, social spaces, study areas, AV rooms and meeting rooms; and
• CUC.net, which means the computer network and equipment including hardware, software and
3. “Network Use Policy” means the policy which CUC Far West Users and CUC Far West staff must adhere to
when using the CUC.net.
4. “Opening Hours” means normal office hours of 9:00am–5.00pm Monday to Friday or as specified by the
CUC Far West.
5. “Registration Fee” means a fee as specified by the CUC, currently set at zero dollars.
1. To register for access to and use of CUC Far West Resources you must:
• be enrolled in the course of study at a university, other approved postgraduate education provider or a course approved by Far West UC Ltd;
Complete the Registration Form and submit it to CUC Far West staff.
2. Once processed, student registration will be active until the end of the registration term in line with CUC
Far West semesters: January to June and July to December. Students may renew their registration for further terms of six months, provided that they continue to be enrolled in a course of study at a university or a course approved by Far West UC Ltd.
3. If students decide that the CUC Far West is not for them, they may withdraw their registration within ten days of completing the Registration Form and the CUC Far West will Refund the Registration Fee, if any.
1. While using the CUC Far West Resources, students must comply with:
• the Network Use Policy; and
• the Swipe Card Use Policy.
2. While using the CUC Far West Resources students must:
• take reasonable care for their own health and safety.
• take reasonable care to ensure that they do not adversely affect the health and safety of others; and
• comply, so far as they are reasonably able, with any reasonable instruction of the CUC Far West.
• report any safety hazards they may become aware of to the CUC Far West staff.
3. Students must observe the following standards of behaviour while using CUC Far West Resources or in
dealing with CUC Far West staff and other CUC Far West users:
• comply with all lawful and reasonable directions policies and procedures of the CUC Far West.
• refrain from any conduct that may cause any reasonable person unwanted offence, annoyance or embarrassment.
• respect Far West UC Limited’s ownership of the CUC Far West Resources by protecting them and using them responsibly.
4. Under no circumstances is the following permitted at the CUC Far West:
• smoking, drugs or alcohol;
• anti-social behaviour;
• unregistered users; or
• children – regrettably the CUC Far West is not set up to accommodate children and in the interests of
other user’s children are not permitted at the centre.
5. At the end of the student’s initial registration term, and if they do not extend their existing registration, they
must return any CUC Far West property to Far West UC Ltd.
1. Continuity and connection speed of internet access depends on a wide range of factors, many of which are
beyond the control of CUC Far West. Consequently, CUC Far West accepts no liability for any disruptions to
2. CUC Far West accepts no responsibility for any damage to or loss of data, hardware or software arising
directly or indirectly from use of CUC Far West Resources or for any consequential loss or damage. CUC Far
West makes no warranty, express or implied regarding CUC Far West Resources, or their fitness for any
3. While CUC Far West seeks to ensure your privacy it cannot guarantee the confidentiality of any information stored on or transmitted through CUC.net.
4. CUC Goulburn’s liability in the event of any loss or damage will be limited to the Registration Fee, if any.
Network Use Policy or the Swipe Card Use Policy, they may give the student a written warning or terminate
their registration immediately.
2. If the student does not respond to the written warning within 14 days, CUC Far West may terminate this
agreement by giving them written notice.
3. CUC Far West will consider the student’s response to the written warning and will either:
• withdraw the written warning;
• allow the student to continue to use the CUC Far West Resources subject to conditions; or
• terminate this agreement by giving the student notice in writing.
4. If CUC Far West has issued the student a written warning in the past and considers that they have
committed a further breach of these policies, CUC Far West may terminate this agreement by giving the student notice in writing.
This policy applies to all employees, visitors and users of the CUC Far West.
This policy describes the acceptable use of CUC.net provided at the Country Universities Centre Far West.
Usage of CUC.net is at all times subject to this policy.
• CUC.net is maintained by CUC Far West staff. All requests for modification of the CUC.net environment must be made to and authorised by CUC Far West staff.
• The following devices may be connected to CUC.net by students: personal computers supplied by the
CUC Far West, or notebooks, smartphone, laptops and tablets provided by the student.
• The connection of any other device, (re)patching, (re)cabling, reconfiguration of network hardware, or
deployment of software is considered modification and must be authorised as described above.
CUC Far West provides access to CUC.net for use associated with students’ studies. Incidental personal use
within reasonable limits is also permitted, however, this does not extend to downloading, transmitting or
storing unauthorised software, large files containing images, video, games or music; or accessing internet
broadcasts of radio and television stations, pornography or other offensive, obscene, indecent, threatening,
abusive or defamatory material.
USERNAMES AND PASSWORDS
• Students must not let anyone else use their username or use a username that does not belong to them.
• Students must not disclose their password to anyone. CUC staff can reset the password should it be forgotten or compromised.
The following is prohibited on CUC.net:
• intentionally creating, transmitting or storing:
• information that is designed or is likely to:
– damage Far West UC Limited or CUC’s reputation;
– be misleading or deceptive;
– result in victimisation or harassment;
– lead to criminal penalty or civil liability;
– be reasonably found to be offensive, obscene, indecent, threatening, abusive or
– cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety;
• offensive, obscene or indecent images;
• junk or chain mail; or
• a computer virus or worm;
• interfering with another CUC.net user or violating their privacy;
• disrupting or illegally accessing computer systems, including CUC.net and those external to it. This includes deliberately bypassing network filtering and anti-virus systems;
• transmitting or receiving material in breach of copyright laws;
• using the network for unapproved commercial purposes (e.g. the transmission of unsolicited commercial or advertising material);
• port scanning (the scanning of another machine to determine which services are running);
• masquerading as another real or fictitious user (for example, forgery of the source of mail messages
or news articles);
• using password capturing or network sniffer programs;
• installing misappropriated, or unlicensed software; and
• the running of peer to peer file sharing systems.
CUC Far West users must report breaches or suspected breaches of this Network Use Policy to CUC Far
• CUC Far West collects statistical data regarding the operations of its electronic communications systems.
• CUC Far West monitors the use of electronic communications to ensure the ongoing availability,
reliability and security of these systems, including detecting unauthorised usage and other problems.
• CUC Far West will monitor individual user communications only in the event of a suspected breach of
this Network Usage Policy.
It is the students’ responsibility to save their work and data using their own storage devices. The CUC Far West and Far West UC Limited will accept no liability for any lost or corrupted data.
This policy applies to all users of the CUC network.
The Board of Directors and employees of the Country Universities Centre Far West are committed to protecting the privacy of personal information which the organisation collects, holds and administers. Personal information is information which directly or indirectly identifies a person.
CUC Far West(“we”, “us” or “our”) is committed to respecting your privacy and complying with all of our
privacy obligations under the Privacy Act 1988 (Privacy Act), including the Australian Privacy Principles.
We are collecting your personal information submitted as part of your Registration Form. This includes: your name, gender, address, telephone number, other contact details (including emergency contacts and email addresses), transaction details, and medical history, in order to assess your eligibility to use the CUC Far West. CUC Far West may also collect sensitive information about an individual with your consent or in order to comply with our obligations under Australian law, including but not limited to:
• language or cultural background;
• citizenship status;
• status as an Indigenous Australian;
• disability status; and
• health information
This assists us to correspond with you, to facilitate you receiving appropriate assistance in the event of an
emergency, for quality assurance and planning purposes, to align strategy and resourcing with need, to
promote the CUC Far West in the media and with stakeholders, and to comply with legislative reporting
requirements. We will only collect your sensitive information with your consent or if required by law. If we do not collect this personal information, we may not be able to provide you with our services, either to the same standard or at all.
We will try to collect your personal information directly from you wherever possible. In some cases, we may
collect personal information about you from third parties. If this happens, we will take reasonable steps to
ensure that you are aware that your personal information has been provided to us and of the matters
contained in this privacy collection statement.
When you submit your Registration Form we will ask you whether you want us to let you know by any means
(including SMS or e-mail) in the future about goods, services or promotions which may be of interest to you.
You can decline this service at that time or opt out in the future by contacting our Centre Manager.
Any personal information collected, stored, used and disclosed by us will be treated in accordance with the
government and regulatory authorities and professional advisers and emergency services, how you may
access and correct your personal information, and how complaints may be made and will be handled.
Swipe Card Use
This policy describes the acceptable use of swipe card system provided by the Country Universities Centre Far West. Usage of swipe card system is subject to this policy at all times.
Registered students may use the swipe card system to access the centre outside staffed hours (but within set timeframes).
1. Far West UC Limited provides access to centre for use associated with students’ studies.
2. At the end of the registration term and if the student does not extend the existing registration, the student must return any swipe cards and any other CUC Far West property to the centre.
CUC Far West will issue students with a swipe card to access the CUC Far West building. Students must not allow anyone else to use the swipe card or use a swipe card that does not belong to them.
If your swipe card is lost or stolen, students must report it to CUC Far West staff as soon as possible. A replacement cost may be involved at the CUC Far West’s discretion.
1. The CUC Far West will be generally staffed and the door open during normal business operating hours: 9:00am – 5.00pm. On occasions when staff are absent during these hours the centre may only be accessible with valid swipe cards.
2. The CUC Far West will be accessible to registered students with valid swipe cards from 7.00am – 11.59pm Monday to Sunday.
3. The CUC Far West will be alarmed with back-to-base security at 11.59pm every night. If any students remain inside the centre once the alarms are set, they will be responsible for any associated emergency services call out costs and may have their CUC Far West registration terminated.
4. The CUC Far West will be alarmed until 7.00am every morning. Access by swipe card will not be allowed or possible until after 7.00am.
5. Access to the CUC Far West is constantly watched by CCTV and the Integriti monitoring system. Students must not let other people use their swipe card. If something happens in the centre while CUC Far West systems identify a student as using the centre, responsibility will fall to them.
6. The centre will be closed for general operating hours, with valid swipe card access over the Christmas/ New Year’s period. Students will be notified in writing of designated time frame.
Under no circumstances is the following permitted at the CUC Far West:
· smoking, drugs or alcohol;
· anti-social behaviour;
· unregistered users; or
· children – regrettably the CUC Far West is not set up to accommodate children and in the interests of other users, children are not permitted at the centre.
Far West UC Limited collects statistical data regarding the CUC Far West users’ movements. CUC Far West monitors the use of the swipe card systems to ensure the ongoing availability, reliability and security of these systems, including detecting unauthorised usage and other problems.
This policy describes the acceptable use of Lockers provided by the Country Universities Centre Far West.
Usage of Lockers is subject to this policy always.
Registered students may request access to CUCFW lockers for use in storing educational material and resources.
1. Far West UC Limited provides access to centre lockers for use associated with students’ studies and will be
assigned on a needs and availability basis.
2. At the end of the registration term and if the student does not extend the existing registration, the student
must return any locker keys and any other CUC Far West property to the centre.
CUC Far West will issue students with a locker at request. Students must not allow anyone else to use the Locker or use a locker that does not belong to them.
If your locker key is lost or stolen, students must report it to CUC Far West staff as soon as possible. A
replacement cost may be involved at the CUC Far West’s discretion.
• A CUCFW issued key will be assigned for a cost of $50 inclusive of a refundable deposit of $25 for return of key. (Damage to the locker and/or key will incur an additional replacement cost fee).
• Students are to pay $50 fee for use to the Centre Manager.
• Students are responsible for the care of assigned lockers. The locker is not to be used by an unauthorised person and is to be kept clean, tidy and locked always.
• Students must take full responsibility for the items stored in the lockers and will be expected to keep their lockers in a clean and orderly manner.
• Lockers are to be kept for the safekeeping of educational materials and resources. Lockers are not provided for storage of personal items. No food or drink items are to be kept in lockers.
• In case of any loss or damage, students must report to the CUCFW Manager immediately.
• Permission to use the locker may be terminated where a student does not comply with the conditions
of use or CUCFW policies.
• CUCFW retains the right to inspect the locker and its contents to ensure that the locker: is being used in accordance with its intended purpose, to eliminate fire or other hazards, maintains sanitary conditions, and does not contain any other harmful material.
• Students who complete or withdraw from CUCFW Registration, or whose Registrations are terminated must clear their lockers and return the key to the Centre Manager within 10 working days
of completion/withdrawal/termination. After 10 working days, the CUCFW Centre Manager shall have the authority to open such lockers and dispose of all property found in the locker, after reasonable attempts to contact the student have been made.
• CUCFW is not responsible, in any circumstance, for any loss, theft or damage of property/material stored in student lockers.