Benefits from studying in the Far West
Country Universities Centre Far West delivers on the need to provide local higher education opportunities for our regional and rural community with a higher than average proportion of low socio-economic students. The benefits include:
- Students remain living in the local area while undertaking further education, so as to reduce the migration of intellectual and economic capital from the Far West to urban areas;
- Obtaining a university education is potentially cheaper for students who can be academically and administratively supported by the CUC Far West and no longer have to relocate and find expensive accommodation in distant urban or large regional centres;
- Local businesses and government facilities can access people with university qualifications locally, without having to design incentive packages to attract those people to the Far West from outside the area;
- The CUC is an additional participant in the educational community of local schools, TAFE and RTO’s, and an interface between students (current and past) and local employers of graduates;
- Students can design university research tasks around local challenges and opportunities, to the benefit of the whole community; and
- The Far West region will become a more attractive place to live and work for families, as higher education opportunities can be sought locally.